English conversation between three people | Learn English

With conversations between three people, you will learn how to introduce yourself and others.
Introduce another person
Jennifer: Good afternoon, Professor Nelson, how are you doing?
Professor Peter: Good afternoon, Jennifer. I am doing well. And you?
Jennifer: I’m great, thank you. This is my friend Lucy. She is thinking about applying to this college. She has a few questions. Would you mind telling us about the process, please?
Professor Peter: Hello, Lucy. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m more than happy to speak with you. Please stop by my office next week.
Lucy: It’s a pleasure to meet you, professor. Thank you so much for helping us.
Professor Peter: Don’t mention it. Hopefully, I will be able to answer your questions.

Introduce colleagues
Girl: Mr. Nelson, I’d like you to meet Dr. Williams.
Mr. Nelson: It’s nice to meet you, Dr. Williams.
Dr. Williams: Pleasure to meet you, too.
Girl: Dr. Williams is an economist. He just finished writing a book on international trade.
Mr. Nelson: That’s my field, too. I work for California University.
Dr. Williams: In the Development Program, by any chance?
Mr. Nelson: Yes. How did you guess?
Dr. Williams: I’ve read your articles on technical assistance. They’re excellent.

Introduce a friend
Male: Who’s the tall woman next to Sarah?
Female: That’s her friend Tina. Didn’t you meet her at Briona’s party?
Male: No, I wasn’t at Briona’s party.
Female: Then let me introduce you to her now. Tina, this is my friend Peter.
Tina: Hi, Peter. Nice to meet you.
Male: You, too. Would you like a drink?
Tina: Sure, let’s go get one.

Video:


Comments