English conversation between three people at the airport

This is a conversation between three strangers who have just met at the airport. They engage in friendly small talk, introducing themselves and sharing their travel plans.

English conversation between three people at the airport.

Mike: Excuse me, is this seat taken?

Sarah: No, go ahead! It's all yours.

Mike: Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Sarah: No problem at all! Enjoy your seat.

[As Mike settles into the seat, Lisa approaches.]

Lisa: Hi there! Is this seat taken?

Mike: Oh, not at all. I was just about to sit down, but you're welcome to take it.

Lisa: Thanks! I appreciate it. I'm Lisa, by the way.

Mike: Nice to meet you, Lisa! I'm Mike. Are you headed somewhere exciting?

Lisa: Just a quick business trip to Chicago. How about you?

Mike: Vacation in Miami! I've been looking forward to some sun and relaxation.

Sarah: Sounds great! I'm Sarah. I'm actually on my way to a family reunion in New York. It's been years since we all got together.

Lisa: That sounds like a blast! Family reunions are always special.

Sarah: Yeah, it's been way too long. Do you both travel often?

Mike: Not really, just when work or personal trips come up. How about you, Lisa?

Lisa: Same here. I try to mix in a few vacations throughout the year, though. Keeps things interesting.

Mike: Have you guys had any interesting travel stories or experiences?

Sarah: Oh, I once got lost in Tokyo while trying to find this tiny ramen shop. It turned into a mini adventure, but the ramen was totally worth it!

Mike: That sounds like a memorable experience. I had a crazy layover in Istanbul once. Missed my connecting flight, but ended up exploring the city and discovering some amazing local spots.

Lisa: Travel mishaps can turn into the best stories sometimes. I once accidentally boarded the wrong train in London. Ended up seeing parts of the city I hadn't planned on, and it turned out to be a happy accident.

Sarah: It's funny how those unexpected moments make travel so interesting. I once tried exotic street food in Bangkok that I would have never imagined trying back home.

Mike: That's the beauty of it, right? Discovering new things and stepping out of your comfort zone.

Lisa: Absolutely! Well, it was great meeting you both, but I should probably head to my gate now. Safe travels, everyone!

Sarah: You too, Lisa! Have a great family reunion.

Mike: Enjoy your business trip, Lisa! And safe travels to you too, Sarah.

As the conversation unfolds, they discuss their reasons for traveling, share a bit about their past travel experiences, and highlight some memorable moments. The conversation showcases the common topics that arise when people meet while waiting for a flight, such as destinations, travel experiences, and the unexpected joys of exploring new places.

This dialogue is a great example for English learners to practice casual conversation, greetings, and exchanging information about themselves and their plans. It also demonstrates how people often find common ground through shared experiences, in this case, travel stories. The vocabulary used is everyday conversational English, making it suitable for learners at various proficiency levels.

Comments